Bits And Pieces

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tropical Flower

A few days back, I came across  some water colour painting videos on you tube ,in which  they were using a technique called "masking" . Normally , in water colour painting, one paints from light to dark, but the way I understood it, masking  basically involves covering up areas that one wants to reserve as white with masking fluid, for painting in lighter colours(or leaving it white) later . As usual , watching people paint inspired me to try it out myself, which I did using a reference picture from this website. This is what I came up with after a few days of intermittent effort.

Tropical Flower - Water Colour on handmade paper












2 comments:

laura said...

Hello! Thank you for commenting on my blog. I like the colors and design of this painting very much. Also, the handmade paper adds a nice woven texture!

MRC said...

:D Thanks Laura. Indeed, while painting this one, I felt that handmade paper was giving it a somewhat canvas-ish texture .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails