Bits And Pieces

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Of Woodland Walkways and Pretty Shoes

I have been on a tree and woods painting spree last month ,struggling to get better at this particular subject . Here are the results, in the order that they were painted.

'Walk Way ' (c) Monishikha RoyChoudhury  . Original Watercolour   on 300 gsm Watercolour Paper.

'Misty Trees' (c) Monishikha RoyChoudhury  . Original Watercolour   on 300 gsm Watercolour Paper.
' Sunny Trees ' (c) Monishikha RoyChoudhury  . Original Watercolour   on 300 gsm Watercolour Paper.
'Woodland Walk' (c) Monishikha RoyChoudhury  . Original Watercolour   on 300 gsm Watercolour Paper.
Of course after I painted 'Woodland Walk', I got a little too ambitious and tried my hand at painting trees and flowers on a larger scale and fell flat on my face.  I know from experience that when that happens, I need to take a break. The trouble is that sometimes a girls' gotta look at some pretty shoes and if said girl has humongous feet, she has to settle for either window shopping or painting shoes.

'Shoes'   (c) Monishikha RoyChoudhury  . Original Watercolour   on 300 gsm Watercolour Paper. 

 And now, I think I'll get back to painting some more trees , unless of course I get sidetracked by some new photo on my favourite source of inspiration , Paint My Photo

Speaking of getting sidetracked, guess who has been writing for Parentous once in a blue moon a month for the last few months and has forgotten to mention it on her blog. Also, in case I haven't mentioned it before ( or you  haven't noticed the link on the sidebar) and  you  like my paintings and want to see more of them regularly , come take a look at my Facebook page The Coloured Wall  which is updated far more regularly than my poor neglected blog.


7 comments:

Sabyasachi Patra | Tales from Wild India said...

I like the first, second and fourth. The last one is also nice, but it gives me an impression of Imelda Marcos. :) Keep on painting about nature. There are not many who do so. And also because the rate at which we are destroying nature, soon such scenes will vanish and all we will be left with will be the ugly concrete walls and walk ways.

jahid said...

Nice paintings!

Easwar Arumugam said...

astonishing! simply superb!

MRC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MRC said...

Thank you everyone :D

Sabyasachi,

Nature and everyday objects are what attract me the most, when it comes to painting. So, I do hope that you're prediction about ugly concrete walls taking over nature does not come true!

Sutapa said...

Hi Minishikha,
wonderful strokes. First thing that make me stop in your blog are the lines "about me". so lively.surely will go through your posts. Happy painting.
Sutapa.

MRC said...

Hi Sutapa,

Thank you and welcome to my blog :D

Monishikha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails